People tend to travel for leisure, work, soul searching, and many other reasons. However, travelling with your partner or lover always leaves you with a new level of excitement.
When you travel around the world with your romantic partner, you can better interact and understand one another. Travelling allows you to explore new activities, cultures, and places in the beautiful company of your partner.
Travelling with a person you are romantically involved, can benefit you in many ways, such as:
Helps you bond: When you visit new restaurants, cafes, or parks with your partner, you will make new memories there. The change of location will help you see your partner in a new light, which can strengthen your love bond.
You feel safe: Being in a new city or country surrounded by people who don’t understand your language can be daunting. But when you have your partner with you, the feeling of protection will automatically engulf you.
You won’t feel lonely:
Travelling with your lover is great for your relationship, sanity, and mood. But to fully relish the benefits of travelling with your partner, you have to first pick a romantic destination on the globe.
To make your travelling fun, we have already shortlisted the best romantic places around the world for you. All you now need to do is pick a destination and book plane tickets for you and your partner.
1. Bruges in Belgium
If you wish to hold your partner’s hand while strolling through majestic canals and cobbled streets, Bruges in Belgium is your destination. Bruges is the oldest European city, which is still untouched by the modern lifestyle.
The city holds a medieval charm that will make you fall in love with your partner all over again. Bruges is also called Venice of the North, so getting lost in this picturesque city for a few days with your partner will do wonders for your relationship.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Bruges
• You can book a horse carriage ride to see alluring Bruges scenery while cuddling with your partner in the back of the carriage.
• If you are visiting Bruges during winters, there’s nothing more romantic than exploring Bruges’s authentic European Christmas market.
• When you are in Belgium, you can’t miss out on sharing succulent Belgium chocolates with your partner.
• Have a small picnic in Minnewater Park, and after that, take a lazy stroll over the Bruges Lake of Love to feed some swans.
• Book a romantic canal ride to gaze upon the clear sky and mesmerizing background while stealing some intimate moments with your partner.
2. The Isle Of Skye in Scotland
Scotland is the best place in the world to relax and celebrate life to its fullest. The Isle Of Skye is a whimsical city with enchanting mountain views and dramatic coastal areas.
For a fairyland experience, you can go to The Isle Of Skye with your partner, where you can spend your day hiking majestic peaks and end your day watching mellow sun rays kissing widespread grasslands.
Romantic Things You Can Do in The Isle of Skye
• You can swim with your partner in the pristine water of Fairy Pools in Glen Brittle.
• Have a walk to the Old Man of Storr to gaze upon some of the stunning natural views and landscapes.
• If you are a bird watcher, don’t forget to hail a Stardust boat trip from Portree to watch one of the largest prey birds, Sea Eagles.
• Your romantic trip to Skye is incomplete, with creating some new memories in the Dunvegan Castle and Gardens as a couple.
• To feast upon Skye’s dreamy scenic view, book a ferry from Glenelg to Kylerhea and explore the real Skye.
3. Cinque Terre in Italy
Cinque Terre is a pure romance. Everything about this gorgeous city tucked between the Mediterranean Sea, and panoramic mountainous terrain screams love and serenity.
Travelling across Cinque Terre with your lover is like living a romantic dream. You can spend a fantastic time wine tasting, hiking, sightseeing, and shopping in the tranquil environment of Cinque Terre.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Cinque Terre
• Stay a few days in a small village named Manarola to relax and enjoy the real natural beauty.
• Vernazza is also a cute little town suited on a waterfront that can show you the importance of slowing down in life.
• Cinque Terre has no cars or traffic. You can inhale some fresh air while soaking in the romantic ambiance of the city.
• Hike through picturesque trails while picking exploring some lemon orchards and vineyards on the way.
4. Albuquerque in New Mexico
Albuquerque is the perfect romantic location to lay down and sip your favourite cocktail while getting the perfect tan. The city is buzzing with good food, art galleries, and bright culture. Albuquerque in New Mexico should be your next vacation spot to get awestruck by the picturesque Sandias view and eat your heart out.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Albuquerque
• To strengthen your bond as a couple, let’s hike the Sandia Mountains and watch a scenic view from the altitude of 10,000 feet.
• Use 1.5 miles spread ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden and Aquarium to better know your partner.
• This city is the hometown of Holly Holms, so it’s common to find places like Sandia Casino or Isleta Casino in Albuquerque to bet on some adrenaline-pumping MMA matches.
• Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is one of the biggest balloon ride festivals in the world. So, make sure to plan your romantic trip after checking the fiesta dates.
• Spend a weekend in Los Poblanos Lavender Farm to relish mouth-watering cuisines and stay in a room stocked with luxurious bath products.
5. Ubud in Bali
When you are seeking peace and romance together, Ubud in Bali should come first in your mind. This is the perfect place to enjoy food, rich culture, and natural beauty with your love.
You can simply rent a scooter and breeze through widespread rice fields. You can explore several small boutiques to find some of the rarest art pieces in Ubud. If you want to do some soul searching, you can take refuge in many local temples and connect with pristine Balinese culture.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Ubud
• Two kilometers of walking on the Campuhan ridge while holding your partner’s hand will make you realize how beautiful your surroundings are.
• Spend some time on the Tegalalang rice terrace with your partner to praise the majestic beauty of Mother Nature.
• Join a couple yoga class to relax and heal your souls together.
• After an intense yoga class, book a special spa treatment to pamper your sore muscles.
• In the outskirts of Ubud, you will find one of Asia’s 50 best restaurants, Mozaic, to take your partner on a lovely date night.
6. Padar Island in Indonesia
Are you an adventurous couple? Then, Padar Island in Indonesia will be like a dreamscape for you. With alluring pink, blue and white beaches, Padar has several eye-popping scenic views for you.
Importantly, Padar is a remote location, which makes it a perfect secluded spot for you to spend some quality time in the embrace of your lover. Moreover, there are many small towns and villages around the Padar that you can visit to experience rich Indonesian culture like Labuan Bajo.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Padar
• You can go hiking in Padar to soothe your eyes by watching azure blue water while standing on brown-black ridges.
• Don’t forget to visit Komodo National Park, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Padar has many brilliant diving points to swim with the unique marine creatures and explore magical coral reefs.
• Relax with your partner on the pink beach and bask in the mild Indonesian sun.
• Cuenca Waterfall in Labuan Bajo is a beautiful place to cherish your partner’s lovely company.
7. Northern Lights in Iceland
If you and your partner love cold weather, Northern Lights in Iceland is the perfect place on the map to rekindle your love. Northern Lights isn’t much explored yet; thus, you will find peace, raw natural beauties, and magical sceneries here. Plus, you can always cuddle with your partner while sipping hot chocolate and listening to romantic music.
Romantic Things You Can Do in Northern Lights
• The main highlight of your Northern Lights trip is to watch Aurora Borealis while snuggling with your partner.
• You can head over to Blue Lagoon and soak into a hot spring together with your lovely companion.
• You can also hike in Þingvellir (Thingvellir) National Park to watch unspoiled Iceland’s iconic landscapes.
• Iceland is also home to many wild creatures such as dolphins and puffins that will make your trip more romantic.
• Gullfoss is the most tempting waterfall in Iceland that you must explore with your partner.
The world has numerous untainted and unpolluted romantic places ready for you. All you have to do is select a spot where you can create some memorable moments with your romantic partner. So, couples, let’s pack your bags and make some romantic travel videos today!